In our day it’s important to realize we are bridging key cultural shifts. For those my age (somewhere north of 39, you know) it is key we pay attention.
This is a word I think the Lord dropped into my heart as I listened to a great preacher utilize the text from Daniel:
He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action. (Daniel 11:32)
As I was listening to the message, these seven thoughts came to my mind and I jotted them down:
- We will go through the fire.
- We may face the lions.
- We are called to discern the times.
- We are called to BLESS our enemies.
- We will not be loved, generally, by this culture.
- We must find our depth in God through fasting, prayer, and the Word.
- Know God, stand firm, and take action.
Let us live with power and anointing in these days!