When I first saw this, I thought it said “LOBSTER Award,” and I was excited… and hungry.
Then, I read that “Liebster” means “favorite” in German. Okay, I still like it.
So, my blog has been nominated for a “Liebster” by my wife. (I’m still her favorite husband!)
- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
I am open for bribes, so if you want your blog nominated, I like peanut M&Ms, coffee, and Twins season tickets.
ELEVEN THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I have an adorable wife who is unbiased in her opinion about her favorite blogs.
2. I teach part time at a college along with pastoring a church.
3. I can’t wait for baseball season to get started.
4. I live in a place that can be 20 below one day and 20 above the next. (Try that temperature swing in Phoenix and see how you feel!)
5. I live for Kansas Jayhawk basketball.
6. I am absolutely convinced that Lou Gehrig is the greatest baseball player ever.
7. I have never seen an episode of “Lost,” or “Friends,” or a lot other shows “that everyone is talking about.”
8. Martin Luther is my homeboy.
9. I actually LIKE Windows products. (There. I said it. Deal with it.)
10. One day I will own a Mini Cooper.
11. I am immensely proud of my three boys and my daughter-in-law.
ELEVEN THINGS I WAS ASKED:
- What kind of blogs do you read? Many church ministry/theology blogs.
- Which blog do you hate to miss? Anything by Mark Stevens, who SHOULD write more on Blue Chip Pastor, because he IS one!
- What are three of your favorite novels? Anything by John Grisham. Call me shallow. Deal with it.
- What are three of your favorite movies? Bourne Series, Back to the Future Series, and Star Wars Original Three.
- What kind of food do you like? Italian.
- What’s the best health tip you ever received? “Move it, tubby.”
- If you received a ticket to anywhere, where would you go? The baseball game.
- What book has most influenced your life, besides the Bible? Seven Storey Mountain, by Thomas Merton
- What are your favorite writing resources? A good pen and a legal pad.
- Where do you go to get unbiased help with your writing? Since I don’t write, I don’t care about anyone’s opinion.
- What social media do you use/avoid? Why? I use Facebook and Twitter. Not a fan of Pinterest, Instagram, or Reddit.
ELEVEN THINGS I WILL ASK MY NOMINEES:
1. Who has influenced you the most in your life? (And Jesus doesn’t count on this one.)
2. Where did you grow up?
3. If you could have dinner with anyone living (because eating with dead people is just gross), who would it be?
4. What is your favorite Book of the Bible?
5. If you could own any car in the world, what would it be?
6. Who is your favorite TV character?
7. Where is your favorite place to blog?
8. When do you think your best thoughts?
9. What is your favorite quote?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
11. What is your main way of communicating your blog posts?
MY ELEVEN NOMINEES FOR THE LIEBSTER:
1. Rick Waldholm: Wonderful World of Waldholms
2. Gary Zimmerli: The Sundry Times
3. Scott Lencke: The Prodigal Thought
4. Craig Benno: Trinitarian Dance
5. William Molenaar: The Molenaar Press
6. Eleanor Stoneham: Healing This Wounded Planet
7. Mike at Head and Heart
8. Lance at Lance’s Blog
9. Brian Fulthorp: Living the Crucified Life
10. Joseph Fehlen: A Growing Family
11. Phil Zarnes: Phundamental
A COUPLE OF THINGS:
There are a couple of blogs I wanted to nominate, but I think you guys have over 200 followers, and that’s the limit on followers. If you have fewer than 200, please let me know because I want people to know I love reading your blogs as well!
If I nominated you and you DO have over 200 followers, you’re out! Sorry. And, congratulations for having more followers than me. I will be taking you out of my will.
If you have any questions, contact my wife. She knows WAY more about this one than I do. I just wanted to have some fun.